Teresa Dukes DTM (see biography)
Immediate Past International Director for Region 11
We all have a part to play in empowering individuals to become more effective communicators and leaders. I believe that an effective leader is :
- one who has knowledge and understanding of the different leadership types and methodologies;
- one who can learn how others work and adapt their own style to accommodate this; and
- one who encourages participation, teamwork, and inclusivity throughout their tenure.
Let’s explore five qualities of an effective leader. By identifying a few qualities of an effective leader this means we can easily identify members who have the potential to be our future leaders.
- When was the last time you encouraged someone to take a leap?
- When will be your next time?
- Who will you be tapping on the shoulder today?